As a part of the London Book Fair 2015, the book launch event is for promoting the book The Governance of China by Xi Jinping, General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and President of the People’s Republic of China.
The book contains 79 of Xi Jinping’s major works, including speeches, talks, interviews and correspondence, dating from 2012 to 2014. It provides readers with deep insights into the concepts and principles of governance of China’s new leadership, and will help the international community to learn more about and better understand China’s ideas, its path of development, its domestic and foreign policies, and its value orientation. The book is published by Foreign Languages Press in Arabic, English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and traditional Chinese.
Guests, experts, and scholars from various circles in the United Kingdom and Europe, representatives from China, and journalists attended the event by invitation.
- The Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- China International Publishing Group and Foreign Languages Press
Time: 10:00-11:30, Wednesday April 15th, 2015
Venue: EMBASSY OF THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA, 49/51 Portland Place, London W1B 1JL
Chair: Mr NI Jian, Minister and Deputy Head of the Chinese Embassy
- Mr. LIU Xiaoming, the Chinese ambassador to Britain
- Mr Mr. LU Cairong, Vice-Chairman of China International Publishing Group (CIPG)
- Professor Peter Nolan, Director, Centre of Development Studies, University of Cambridge
- Professor Martin Albrow, Honorary Vice-President, British Sociological Association (BSA); Emeritus Professor of the University of Wales (Click HERE for speech notes)
- Sir John Prescott, former Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- Lord Geoffrey Howe, a retired British Conservative politician
In the middle row, Mr NI Jian (left) chaired the event; Mr. LIU Xiaoming (middle) and Mr Mr. LU Cairong (right) gave speeches; In the bottom row, Professor Peter Nolan, Professor Martin Albrow, Sir John Prescott and Lord Geoffrey Howe made speeches in turn from left to right
Mr. LIU Xiaoming presented Xi’s book to Lord Geoffrey Howe (left), Mr LU Cairong presented books to Professors Peter Nolan and Martin Albrow (right)
Professors Peter Nolan and Martin Albrow, Ms Ms Ingrid Cranfield, Governor of CCPN Global and Professor Xiangqun Chang, Director of CCPN Global (left); Mr Xiaowei Xiang, Minister Counsellor of Cultural Affairs of The Chinese Embassy, Professors Xiangqun Chang and Peter Nolan (right).
- Source material provided by the organizers
- CCPN Global recommended academic speakers